Faith Formation with the New Generation
Faith Formation with a New Generation is written as a proposal for the future of faith formation with children and adolescents. It is a proposal to transform the way to envision and design faith formation. It reflects a more holistic and comprehensive approach to faith formation grounded in the best understanding of the key factors that contribute to growth in faith and discipleship in the first two decades of life and build a solid foundation for a lifelong faith. You will find something oldin this book—the centrality of an intergenerational faith community and the family; and you will find something new—twenty-first century approaches and methods for engaging a new generation of young people (Gen Z) and their parents.
- Chapter one presents the essential features of a twenty-first century approach to faith formation with children, adolescents, and their parents.
- Chapter two explores how the intergenerational faith community provides rich resources for faith formation and guides you in identifying how to provide intergenerational faith forming experiences for children and adolescents.
- Chapter three explores the central role of families in faith community and guides you in utilizing five core strategies for family faith forming experiences for children and adolescents.
- Chapter four explores how Generation Z is learning in new ways and guides you in reimagining and redesigning age-group faith formation with children and adolescents.
- Chapter five integrates the key concepts and practices so you can design a faith formation plan for children and adolescents (and their families!) that integrates intergenerational, family, and age group faith formation.